How do I obtain a marriage license and what are the requirements?
Visit the County/Circuit Clerk in the Lincoln County Courthouse to obtain a marriage license during regular business hours. Generally, the requirements are:
- Pay for the Marriage License. The cost is approximately $58.00 (cash only). No refunds. License may be used immediately or within the 60 days time limit. No witnesses are required in Arkansas. The license may be used anywhere in the state of Arkansas, but must be returned to the Lincoln County Clerk's Office to be recorded. License must be returned used or unused, within 60 days for recording or a $100 Bond will be executed against all applicants for license.
- Legal age in Arkansas is 18 years to contract for a marriage license in Arkansas. Males age 17 or females ages 16 or 17, may be married with parental consent. Males and females 21 or older may present a valid driver's license showing their correct name and date of birth or any documents list below. Males and females 21 or under must present a state-certified copy of their birth certificates or an active Military Identification Card or valid passport. If your name has changed through a divorce and your driver's license does not reflect this change, you will need to bring a certified copy of your divorce decree.
- No medical or blood tests or proof of residency are required. Marriages performed in Arkansas are recognized in all other states.
How do I assess my personal property?
Personal property assessments are executed by the Lincoln County Assessor's office. You may either assess over the phone by calling 870-628-4401, online at lincoln.actdatascout.com or visit the Assessor's office in the Lincoln County Courthouse during regular business hours. The deadline for assessing all types of personal property including exempt property is May 31st. Assessments filed after this date will include a 10% penalty.
Personal property includes:
- Motor vehicles - cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles
- Boats, Motors and Trailers
- Recreational Vehicles - ATVs, Airplanes
How do I pay my personal property taxes?
Personal property taxes must be paid by October 15th of each year for the previous tax year. Taxes may be paid via mail or in person by visiting the Tax Collector's office in the Lincoln County Courthouse during regular business hours. If taxes are not paid, license tags cannot be renewed and penalties will accrue.